Sunday, June 8, 2014

Summer

Summer... a time to slow down and enjoy even the simplest things. 
(read: inflatable pool in back yard)

I mean, who doesn't want to lay in a pool full of cold water 
straight from the hose and grass clippings?
It seems like we're doing a lot this summer. We have trips planned, family to visit, the kids have day camp, I'm creating summer buckets filled with activities for the kids, we're getting pool passes, planning play dates, cleaning out clutter and things we no longer need, taking care of our newly landscaped yard... but the things I'm doing are all actually focused on slowing down, simplifying life and connecting with others (you know, since connect is my word for the year). 

As summer starts, I hope you're all able to think about how you want to spend it. I haven't always done that and at the end of summer I was always disappointed that I did so little of what I meant to do. 

Oh, to be a kid again...

I'm determined to make this summer different. I don't know if it's because I have two children in school and I want to make sure their summers are awesome, or if it's because I have a birthday coming up that I'm not looking forward to... (It's not 40, FYI). I'm sure it's a little of both. Whatever the motivation, you can bet that you won't find us inside watching Frozen, playing the Wii or Angry Birds, maybe not even a board game. There's fun to be had outside our home. Things to experience with each other and our friends and family. Wish us luck and many summer adventures!

What do you have planned this summer? I'd love to hear ideas on how to make the most of summer. 

Shadows... we could do this all day

No comments:

Post a Comment