Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Hobbies, Intentions and Priorities

I recently read somewhere that you should have 3 hobbies that don't include a screen. My first thought was, "Who has time for THREE hobbies?! I don't have time for ONE." Ok. Clearly I have some time if I'm sitting here writing a blog from which I make no money. But tonight I decided to pick up a hobby that has been put on hold for a while. Beading. A friend needed some of her bracelets restrung and I offered to take care of that.



While my intentions were good, like most of my hobbies, I couldn't finish the project. In this case, I just need my friend's wrist to make sure I need to add that last bead. 

And while my intentions are good concerning this blog, I do need to make sure my priorities are in order. I also want to make sure I'm not blogging if I don't have anything good to say. I'm not here to waste my time or yours. Promise. 

I aim to share my relevant unedited life and thoughts about being real and connected a minimum of once a week. (I don't want you to forget about me.)

I just thought you should know what's up. 

And to be "unedited" about it, you should also know that I have materials for all kinds of hobbies. I dabble in everything. My husband bought me a craft cabinet a few Christmases ago. It's a fabulous thing, but incredibly unorganized right now and housing some kids games, too.


All those compartments - fabulous! The way I have them stuffed - not so much.


 I do crochet and knit. I'm much better at crocheting.



I have a lot of fabric and a sewing machine, but I can't sew. I took a class once and made a pillow. That's pretty much it for my sewing career.

One day I'll make a decision on what hobbies to keep, because one day I'll be able to have three. But for now I'd like to know who else is in the same boat... One hobby, three or just a lot of supplies?

No comments:

Post a Comment